Whipped Ricotta and Goat Cheese Beet Skewers
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours, plus cooling time
Servings: 42 skewers
- 2 beets (about 1 pound), 3 inches in diameter, peeled and sliced into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon Carapelli Oro Verde Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- arugula, for garnish
- flaked sea salt, for garnish
Whipped Ricotta and Goat Cheese:
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Carapelli Oro Verde Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat sous vide water bath to 185° F.
- In mixing bowl, combine beets, olive oil, thyme and salt; toss to coat. Remove beets from liquid and divide, placing them in single layer into two quart-sized vacuum-seal bags, leaving any excess liquid behind.
- Use vacuum sealer to remove air and double-seal bag. To use zip-top bags instead, slowly dip slightly open bags into large container filled with water, allowing water to displace air. Seal bags when air is removed.
- Place vacuum-sealed bag into prepared water bath, placing heavy, heat-resistant bowl on top of beets to keep them submerged, if necessary. Cook 3 hours.
- If you do not have a sous vide machine, bring large stock pot filled with water to rolling boil. Place vacuum-sealed bags in water. Reduce to gentle simmer, cover and cook 1 hour.
- Carefully remove beets from water bath and cool in sealed bag until they reach room temperature, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes more before serving.
- In mini food processor, cream goat cheese, ricotta and olive oil until smooth. Add zest, salt and pepper: stir to combine.
- Transfer cheese mixture to piping bag fitted with star tip and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, remove beets from bag and arrange on serving platter. Pipe dollop of Whipped Ricotta and Goat Cheese onto each beet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with arugula and pinch of flaked sea salt; place skewer through each beet to serve.
Carapelli Olive Oil
SPONSORED: Nlife Women's Good Vibes Tank
A fun and free-spirited cotton blended tank top with rounded neckline. This tank makes for a great women’s or juniors top for all seasons – Spring, Summer, Autumn, or Winter. The material is soft, lightweight, breathable and great to wear all day. You can pair it with jeans, shorts or a skirt.
Editor’s Tips for Looks: Good for work and the weekend, a more wonderful beach vacation, gym or casual daily life, dress up or down – you’ll achieve a fun and free-spirited look in this tank.